Sunday, November 13, 2011

Can I grow my Ginseng plant outside in a planter in Scotland?

I have grown a ginseng plant in my conservatory from a 3 inch plant in a ceramic pot to a 6 foot bush. Is it possible to place it outside in a planter and is it hardy enough to survive a Scottish winter?|||I doubt it would survive. Here in the Highlands, my rosemary plant died this winter and I would imagine ginseng is more tender than my rosemary.





EDIT: Though this is a page from eBay, it may help to answer your question. I am NOT promoting this item, just trying to help you with some cultural instructions for it.


http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Korean-Ginseng-Pan鈥?/a>|||Dr Frank





Ginseng plants don't normally tolerate too much heat and therefore like a shaded spot - our wonderful Scottish weather should be ok for it.





But they don't tolerate moist soil, so I reckon our wet weather over the Autumn and Winter wouldn't suit it.|||You must have a huge conservatory!


I have no idea about the answer to your conundrum - but I would leave well alone. Now we know what you are getting up to in your retirement....|||leave it in doors in till it glow more bigger if you can,

No comments:

Post a Comment