Saturday, November 19, 2011

How do you use red ginseng bean jelly?

We received some from a coworker and are curious as to how to use it. I've eaten a bit just as it is, but were wondering if you can use it in cooking?|||G'day Janinenc2002,





Thanks for your question.





As I understand it, it is taken to stimulate sexual function and increase energy. You might want to eat it in an intimate dinner for a special friend. Not so good for family dinners.





Red ginseng is Panax ginseng that has been heated, either through steaming or sun-drying. It is frequently marinated in an herbal brew which results in the root becoming extremely brittle. This version of ginseng is associated with stimulating sexual function and increasing energy. Red ginseng is always produced from cultivated roots, usually from either China or South Korea. Some imported cultivated ginseng has tested positive for pesticides.





A double-blind, crossover study of Red ginseng's effects on impotence show a marked positive effect. In general, ginseng is a popular herb in alternative medicine.





I have attached sources for your reference.





Regards|||I don't use jelly in cooking, I use it as a spread. I thought the root of the ginseng was used. I have not seen ginseng since I was a kid. I am curious where you have found it here in the states. I had never heard of the berries as being edible. I had seen it years ago while hunting in Southern Minnesota. When I had seen it it was growing on the western side of a hill where it would get the afternoon sun. We were told that if you were going to harvest it you need to take the root and place the leaves and berries back in the hole, like transplanting.

No comments:

Post a Comment