Saturday, November 19, 2011

Why some of the Korean foods contain Ginseng?

Almost Korean foods even their famous Kimchi (Pickled Vegetables)


contain ginseng, What is the purpose of the ginseng on their foods?|||Ginseng isn't a main ingredient in Korean food, but it is used probably more than in other ethnic foods. My mom makes a cornish hen dish stuffed with glutinous rice and ginseng.


Ginseng has many health benefits ranging from better focusing ability, alertness, regulating blood sugar etc.


Korean Ginseng tea comes in two forms dried ginseng and ginseng extract.|||Probably depends on the cook. I am Korean and never put ginseng in any of my recipes and don't recall this as a common ingredient in Korean foods that any of my relatives have made either.





As for the use of ginseng - I have only seen it in tea forms, gum, etc. in Korea.





There could be recipes, but again as I stated earlier it might depend on the cook. We just don't use it in our recipes.





Here are more facts about ginseng:


http://altmedicine.about.com/od/ginseng/鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment