Saturday, November 19, 2011

Is it ok to take Ginseng with my Anxiety Medicine?

I take Flouxitine for my anxiety and just started taking Ginseng for Mental health. Is it ok for these to be combined?|||check with your doctor before taking any supplement including herbal.





Avoid the herb if you are taking any MAO inhibitors because it could result in mania. Studies also show that the herb may cause irritability if mixed with caffeine.


MAO inhibitor is an anti anxiety medication.


Ginseng may worsen anxiety in some people.





If You鈥檙e Taking Anti-Anxiety Drugs, Read This





If you are taking anti-anxiety or antidepressants drugs, do not try to self-medicate with herbs. Some unusual negative side effects, including excessive sedation, have been observed with combinations of herbs, and drugs. Also, do not try to withdraw from long-term use of antianxiety drugs on your own. This can be very dangerous. If you are currently using antianxiety drugs, you must work with an experienced physician if yo want to switch to natural remedies or combine them with drugs.|||I don't know about you, Hon, but for me, prescription meds are a last resort. For one thing, they don't get to the root of the problem and there are so many side effects and contraindications. I find them ineffective, dangerous and expensive.





I would strongly encourage you to find a good naturopathic doctor who can provide some solid advice on the kinds of supplements that will help you to alleviate the problem, as well as dietary and/or lifestyle changes so that you can come off the meds.





I would encourage you to Google for some natural supplements that could help with anxiety, (as an example, magnesium glycinate). I have also listed a couple books that may help you. Paul Pitchford has been healing people with some very serious illnesses using herbs and whole foods for many years. He very definitely has some credibility in the natural health field. You should be able to find either of the books listed below in your local library or health food store.





Remember: an informed consumer is an empowered one! Best of luck :)|||This is a great course/product which helped me basically CURE myself of anxiety and stop it for good, check it out below:





http://www.stopanxietyinminutes.com





I highly recommend it, good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment