Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Does anyone have any tips on finding wild american ginseng?

I'd like to go out into the forest and look for some (once the snow melts) but everytime I go look for it I never find any. I look for red berries in like fall and the white flowers too. I live on a mountain with a lot of forest. I live in upstate new york also.|||patience, google it and you will get pictures, also older more mature woods, it likes rocky soil, but hates a high acid soil , it doesnt like a high oak tree count so find woods with other hardwoods in it, you should also find your state regs on hunting it, in ohio you cant harvest until september, it it also can be a federal offense if harvested out of season|||You have to know what the leaves look like.|||yeah, they're hard to find..me and my father tried so hard for so many days to find some, up high in the moutains and through the jungles and forests, for days we searched and searched,,until we finally gave up and drove to the farmers market and bought some

No comments:

Post a Comment