Sunday, November 13, 2011

Where can ginseng plants be found at this time of year?

Me and my friend had seen how much you can sell ginseng for and we decided wed liek to look for some. We live in a very foresty area so chances are there might be some. Can anyone tell me where the general location of ginseng is?|||Caroline is right, but alot of it is grown commercially in of all place but here in Canada, when I was young and we went to visit an Aunt out of town, we would drive by these fields with wooden covers on them, my mother told us they were mushrooms or the stuff they make aspirin with, years later after dating a girl who's family raised ginseng did I know what the really were.





It is a rizhome like ginger, strawberries and potatos, even grass is a rizhome. It is picked here and shipped back to Asia, mostly China and dried, some for 20 years and the sold back us here, I go to Chinatown in my city, Toronto ON and they sell pieces by the pound ranging from $6.00 C to $300 C for 1 pound of 20 yrs old aged ginseng, I worked with a European chef, claimed it was what kept him young he would buy a $15 piece and soak it in a bottle of brandy, had 1 shot before bed, he was in his late 50's when I knew him but he look no older than a 40 yr old man, I have tried different things but never got much out of it, like vitamins it works on some people not on others.





We produce almost 40% of the commercially raised ginseng in the world here in Canada.|||They grow in the Northern Hemisphere in eastern Asia (mostly northern China, Korea, and eastern Siberia)

No comments:

Post a Comment