Sunday, November 13, 2011

What type of setting does wild ginseng usually grow in the state of Virginia?

My fiance says he has seen Wild ginseng growing in our woods, however he forgot exactly where it was growing. But I wanted to find it so I can plant its seeds. As I am aware of local laws, and the fact that is an endangered species. I also wanted to locate it prior to renovations that will take place on our property in the next few months.|||Ginseng likes shade, they grow north or east. They like well drained soil on land that slopes.


They grow under decidious trees. I also live in Virginia. Most of this state is way too hot for ginseng. If you don't live in the mountains it may be something that looks like ginseng.





True wild ginseng: http://imagess3.enature.com/wildflower/w鈥?/a>





Typical ginseng culture: http://www.mnwildpanax.com/IMG_0149.JPG|||I was going to say "it grows in the woods". But you already know that. There's no way for us to tell you what part of your woods he saw it in. Could be anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment